We’ll start our day by meeting in the Hay Barn at the Straus Home Ranch for coffee, pastries, stories and more. So much of the rich Northern California Dairy history has its roots here at Straus.
Next, we’ll head to Tomales Farmstead Creamery for some quality time with their goats and sheep! As we walk around their beautiful ranch, we’ll catch a glimpse of their cheese-making operation and learn about their dairy farm directly from the herdmaster. Afterward, we’ll taste their award-winning cheeses and enjoy a delicious Cheese School picnic lunch out in the field.
Lastly, a visit with the rock star buffalo of Ramini Farms and their people where we will hear their inspiring story. We will enjoy time out in the pasture, visit the milking barn and delight in tasting the unmatched silkiness of freshly made buffalo mozzarella. You will come away with a deep appreciation of these incredible animals… this will be a truly unforgettable experience!
Date: THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2021
Time: 9am - 5pm
Location: Drive your own car - we'll share the itinerary prior to the event
Price: $249 per person
Currently, our farm tours are caravan-style (drive your own car).
* Public Tours are limited to twenty (20) people.
* Dress in layers, bring a water bottle and wear farm-friendly clothing and footwear.
* A light breakfast, lunch and a Cheese School cooler bag will be provided.
* If this Farm Tour is is sold out, please email us, we'll notify you if any spots open up.
* Cancellations must be made two weeks in advance of any Farm Tour.
* A 4% San Francisco Health Care Ordinance Fee will be applied to all of our class, tours, catering, and platter purchases.
* Proof of Vaccination and valid photo identification is required. We will be taking all required Covid precautions.
We book groups of family or friends looking for a great way to spend a day together. For pricing, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
We love designing outdoor tours for groups!