Come join our curd herd! The Cheese School of San Francisco & Erika Kubick of Cheese Sex Death are heading for the hills on an incredible farm tour to take in the spectacular landscape of our Northern California farmland and of course, taste all the best cheeses!
We’ll meet and start our day at one of our favorite destinations, Toluma Farms & Tomales Farmstead Creamery. The land, the people, the goats, the sheep and the cheese are all reasons to visit this extraordinary farm. We will hear about what inspired husband and wife team David and Tamara to purchase and develop the land and why they were, and always will be, committed to organic farming. We will spend time with their happy herd and indulge in all of their incredible cheeses along with a beautiful brunch.
Next, we will head down the road to visit with the rock star buffalo of Ramini Farms and listen to Audrey Ramini share her truly inspiring story. We will enjoy time out in the pasture, visit the milking barn and delight in tasting the unmatched silkiness of freshly made buffalo mozzarella. You will come away with a deep appreciation of these incredible animals… this will be a truly unforgettable experience!
Lastly, we’ll leave the buffalo and make our way to see the bees at Heidrun Meadery. We’ll taste their Champagne-style sparkling mead (a wine made from honey instead of grapes) and experience everything from flower to flute at this unique meadery. We’ll tour their pretty property to see why the bees love it so much, learn all about honey from the meadmakers and share a tasting of their light, delicate and delicious meads that boast the exotic aromas and flavors found only in the essence of honey.
Date: Friday, April 15, 2022
Time: 10am - 6pm
Location: Drive your own car - we'll share the itinerary prior to the event
Price: $249 per person
* Public Tours are limited to twenty (20) people.
* Dress in layers, bring a water bottle and wear farm-friendly clothing and footwear.
* Brunch, snacks and lots of cheese will be provided, along with a pocket-sized Cheese Sex Death Cheese Tasting Bible for taking notes and a Cheese School cooler bag for you to keep any cheeses you may have purchased at the farms safe and sound.
* If this Farm Tour is is sold out, please email us, we'll notify you if any spots open up.
* Cancellations must be made two weeks in advance of any Farm Tour.
* A 4% San Francisco Health Care Ordinance Fee will be applied to all of our class, tours, catering, and platter purchases.
* Proof of Vaccination and valid photo identification is required. We will be taking all required Covid precautions.
We book groups of family or friends looking for a great way to spend a day together. For pricing, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
We love designing outdoor tours for groups!