Being outdoors with some of our favorite local Marin farmers, cheese makers, goats, sheep, cows and even buffalo (when we’re lucky!) makes for a truly rewarding getaway for you and us, every time.
Our precious local farms and farmsteads appreciate our support more now than ever. Our in-person, hands-on tours are the very best way to see these operations and learn about how they’re continuing to thrive.
The Cheese School's Farm Tours are the perfect way to take in the spectacular landscape of our Northern California farmland and of course, taste all the best local cheeses! It really is a wonderful way to spend your day.
Instructors: Jeanine Egan and Julie Gordon
Price: $210 per person
We’ll start our day by meeting in the Hay Barn at the Straus Home Ranch for coffee, pastries, stories and more. So much of the rich Northern California Dairy history has its roots here at Straus.
Next, we’ll head to Tomales Farmstead Creamery for some quality time with their goats and sheep! As we walk around their beautiful ranch, we’ll catch a glimpse of their cheese-making operation and learn about their dairy farm directly from the herdmaster. Afterward, we’ll taste their award-winning cheeses and enjoy a delicious Cheese School picnic lunch out in the field.
Lastly, a visit with the rock star buffalo of Ramini Farms and their people where we will hear their inspiring story. We will enjoy time out in the pasture, visit the milking barn and delight in tasting the unmatched silkiness of freshly made buffalo mozzarella. You will come away with a deep appreciation of these incredible animals… this will be a truly unforgettable experience!
Date: Thursday March 11, 2021
Location: Drive your own car - we'll share the itinerary prior to rolling out
Farms On Tour:
Hay Barn at Straus Home Ranch
MALT - Marin Agricultural Land Trust
Tomales Farmstead Creamery
Register: Click on "Add to Cart" below.
Currently, our farm tours are caravan-style (drive your own car).
* Public Tours are limited to ten people.
* Dress in layers, bring a water bottle and wear farm-friendly clothing and footwear.
* A light breakfast, lunch, snacks and a Cheese School cooler bag will be provided.
* If this Farm Tour is is sold out, please email us from our contact page, We'll notify you if any spots open up.
* Cancellations must be made two weeks in advance of any Farm Tour.
* A 4% San Francisco Health Care Ordinance Fee will be applied to all of our class, tours, catering, and platter purchases.
* We will be taking all required Covid precautions
We book groups of family or friends looking for a great way to spend a day together. For pricing, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
We love designing outdoor tours for groups!
Sign up to get the latest on classes, events, new releases and more…