Recipe: Cauliflower Gratin
1 head cauliflower, cut up into bit size pieces
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic minced
2 tbs olive oil, separated
1 bell pepper, diced
1/2 lb melting cheese, grated
1 cup milk
2 tbs butter
2 tbs flour
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp chopped rosemary (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a pan add 1 tbs olive oil and sauté onions and garlic over medium heat, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set onions and garlic aside
- Add 1 tbs olive oil to pan and sauté cauliflower and red pepper until soft. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a pot over low heat, melt butter and add flour once butter is melted. Using a whisk slowly incorporate milk to create a cream sauce. Allow to heat stirring frequently for about 10-15 minutes to thicken.
- Once thickened, add 1/4 lb grated melting cheese to create a cheesy cream sauce.
- toss all ingredients and cream sauce together in a baking dish and top with remaining shredded cheese
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until bubbling on the sides and golden brown on top